7/7/11

Back in the garden





Tonight I made stuffed zucchini with home-grown zucchini. I wish I could say they were from my garden, but alas, they were from my parents garden. But amazingly delicious none the less!

Stuffed zucchini:

2 zucchini, cut in half with insides scooped out (save guts)
1 onion diced
1 package fresh mushrooms
1/2 c breadcrumbs
1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese + extra for topping
Salt, pepper, parsley to taste

Preheat oven to 375. In sauté pan heat some olive oil, sauté onion and mushroom until soft. Add zucchini guts and sauté until soft. Remove from heat, add breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Add salt pepper and parsley. Scoop into boats, place on cookie sheet & bake for about 20 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: